Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time out for God

How many of us are not guilty of attempting to squeeze God into our daily schedule? I'm guilty. Not once, not twice, not thrice. Countless times actually. You know, just ruffle Him in there somewhere in that jungle of activity and routine. We sing in the shower, say a prayer while dressing, read a verse or two just before we go out, and morning devotion is done!

Despite our unfaithfulness, God remains eternally faithful. If God were to be faithful to me only as much as I've been to Him, then I don't think I would wake up tomorrow morning - to squeeze Him into my daily routine again.

God's faithfulness should not be taken for granted. It should actually drive us to a higher level of commitment. We must remember that God owns the day, all of it, and so He should always be number one. Not only do we commit all our ways into His hands, we should also take the time to build a more intimate relationship with Him. Remember '...take the time...' not hurriedly.

No comments: